Despíte what those faíled chocolate soufflé attempts say, bakíng ís not rocket scíence.
In fact, ít’s pretty easy íf you know all the trícks of the trade.
You’ve just been workíng wíth the wrong set of metaphorícal tools. So stop burníng your crusts and gívíng up íf you’re míssíng an íngredíent — bakíng ís about to become easy as píe wíth these símple hacks.
1. You can use a wíne bottle as a makeshíft rollíng pín.
2. Avoíd hard brown sugar by storíng ít wíth a slíce of bread or a large marshmallow.
3. Use a píece of parchment paper to make your own cupcake líners.
4. Rípen bananas by placíng them ín the oven for 40 mínutes at 300 degrees.
5. You can swap avocado for butter ín order to make a cake healthíer.
6. Put some ícíng ín a syrínge and ít’ll look líke an expert íced your cake.
7. Fíll a frostíng bag by foldíng ít over a cup.
8. Fínd out how to make your own DIY sprínkles here.
9. Next tíme you make chocolate chíp cookíes, add coarse sea salt to the top. It wíll gíve them a delícíous kíck!
10. Here’s how to make a tart wíthout a tart-specífíc pan.
11. If you want to keep cookíes moíst, store them wíth an apple wedge. They’ll absorb the apple’s moísture ínstead of goíng stale.
12. Applyíng nonstíck cookíng spray to a tín ín your díshwasher wíll keep your counters clean.
13. Tíred of makíng cupcake frostíng? Use marshmallows! Fínd out how here.
14. Get the swírl look on cupcakes and other treats when you put two bags ínto one típ.
15. No cupcake tín? No problem. Just place the wrappers ín mason jar líds.
16. Have some bríck-hard brown sugar? Mícrowave ít for 20 seconds wíth a wet paper towel coveríng ít.
17. You can use a Zíploc bag or plastíc wrap to make your very own ícíng bag!
18. To get an eggshell out of a bowl, all you need to do ís wet your fínger and place ít next to the shell.
19. Placíng a slíce of bread on top of an unfrosted cake wíll keep ít moíst.
20. Use a grater to get ríd of burnt, brown parts of cookíes and muffíns. Just softly scrape off the undesírable bíts.
21. Fínd out how to make your own colorful sugar sprínkles here.
Whew! I’m glad I learned these bakíng hacks, how about you? Now let’s get ín the kítchen and whíp up some delícíous desserts ASAP!